City meets with Tshwane youth
The event introduced the City’s Youth Month programme and highlighted socio-economic opportunities.
The City’s youth development programme clearly demonstrates its commitment to and showcases programmes and projects aimed at improving the lives of young people.
The programme aims to address socio-economic issues such as unemployment, poverty, inequality, crime, lack of skills, and drug and substance abuse.
The programme for the 42nd anniversary of Youth Month aims to –
- mobilize young people and the community to participate in the youth development programme;
- ensure maximum participation in the build-up to the commemoration of Youth Month;
- raise the profile of the City’s initiatives, programmes and services that have benefited the youth;
- showcase youth socio-economic future initiatives and opportunities; and
- strengthen relations and develop coherent partnerships will sectors that impact positively on youth development.